Henry Vilas Zoo to Host International Bird Day Celebration
International Migratory Bird Day is celebrated in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Central and South America, and the Caribbean, and exists to call attention to threats to migratory birds and encourage enthusiasm about their plight and their flight.
Henry Vilas Zoo's International Migratory Bird celebration is scheduled for Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 12:30-3:00pm. To celebrate, the Zoo is inviting Madison area kids to come walk, run or fly around the Zoo.
Visitors will enjoy:
- Meet representatives of The International Crane Foundation, Operation Migration, and Four Lakes Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.
- Bird Feeder craft at the Education Pavilion
- Soaped up windows and information about minimizing bird strike during bird migration seasons
- Henna painting by Celebrations Art Studio (starting at 1:30) to raise money for International Crane Foundation
- Radio tracking activity (weather permitting)
Donations from the day's activities and at the Carousel benefit conservation initiatives of the International Crane Foundation.
Click Here for more information and materials about International Migratory Bird Day