Save Our Species Leadership Award
Do you know an individual who is inspiring kids through teaching the importance of conservation? If so, nominate them today for the Henry Vilas Zoological Society's Save Our Species Leadership Award. This annual award will celebrate an educator within Wisconsin who inspires the next generation to Save Our Species. This inaugural honor will be presented at Henry Vilas Zoo's annual Save Our Species Luncheon in February 2019. For more information, please contact Colleen Coyle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-258-9490 or refer to the information below.
- Nominee must be an educator within the state of Wisconsin inspiring children about conservation ranging from grades K-12 (educator may be defined as a teacher, counselor, troop leader, coach, ranger, mentor, etc.)
- Nominee will have recently (within the past 5 years) inspired, impacted, and/or taught wildlife species conservation
- Nomination requires testimonials from students and/or participants about their experiences with the nominee included with application
- Nomination requires three (3) professional references with application and will be reviewed for finals
- A select group of nominees will be selected as finalists and will be invited to attend our Save Our Species Luncheon, held in February 2019, where the honoree will be announced
Nomination Process and Timeline
September 24th - Nomination Applications due
We will begin processing nominations in October and will be in contact with nominees in November. Our final winner will be chosen and announced before our luncheon on February 5th!
Click here to fill out the application. Please email completed application to email@example.com no later than Monday, September 24th for consideration. NOTE - when submitting an application, please make sure the document attached is no more than 4 pages total, including testimonial page. Applications partially completed or materials and questions unanswered will immediately be disqualified from the award.