Save Our Species Leadership Award
Do you know an individual who is inspiring kids through teaching the importance of conservation? If so, nominate them today for the Henry Vilas Zoological Society's Save Our Species Leadership Award. This annual award will celebrate an educator within Wisconsin who inspires the next generation to Save Our Species. This inaugural honor will be presented at Henry Vilas Zoo's annual Save Our Species Luncheon in February 2019. For more information, please contact Colleen Coyle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-258-9490 or refer to the information below.
- Nominee must be an educator within the state of Wisconsin inspiring children about conservation ranging from grades K-12 (educator may be defined as a teacher, counselor, troop leader, coach, ranger, mentor, etc.)
- Nominee will have recently (within the past 5 years) inspired, impacted, and/or taught wildlife species conservation
- Nomination requires testimonials from students and/or participants about their experiences with the nominee included with application
- Nomination requires three (3) professional references with application and will be reviewed for finals
- A select group of nominees will be selected as finalists and will be invited to attend our Save Our Species Luncheon, held in February 2019, where the honoree will be announced
Nomination Process and Timeline
July 15th - Nomination Applications due
Week of July 16th - All nominees will be contacted to accept their nomination
September - Nominees who have accepted their nominations will be interviewed
A finalist will be chosen by November 7th
Click here to fill out the application. Please email completed application to email@example.com no later than Sunday, July 15th for consideration. NOTE - when submitting an application, please make sure the document attached is no more than 4 pages total, including testimonial page. Applications partially completed or materials and questions unanswered will immediately be disqualified from the award.