Henry Vilas Zoo's Wish List
By donating an item on Henry Vilas Zoo's "Wish List," you can be recognized as a zoo donor, qualify for a charitable deduction, and provide needed supplies and materials that enrich the environment for our animals and support the zoo's many programs and activities - from education classes to field biologists to grounds maintenance and everything in between! Donations of items on the wish list save the zoo funds that can then be used for other important initiatives.
Currently, we can use the following items:
Animal Care & Enrichment
A white-handed gibbon uses its mental and physical skills to puzzle-out how to get to its food using this enrichment product donated by Kyjen Company.
1. Clean blankets, quilts, sheets, towels and fabric in good condition (no holes or unraveled edges, please)
2. Bread trays and food grade barrels and tubs
3. Gift cards in any amount for: Mounds, Home Depot, Farm and Fleet, Menards
4. Any size new boomer balls or large kong toys
5. A tabletop incubator for eggs
6. Large cargo nets made of rope or seat belt material
7. Video Camera
8. Small freezer, to use for non-food enrichment materials
9. Snow shovels
11. Box fans
12. "Milk House" space heaters
13. Bales of new wood wool
14. Any of the primate (PES) or orangutan enrichment devices (OES) from Otto Environmental
15. Equipment List
Fundraising, Events & Marketing
1. iPad mini (3 units) - to be used to streamline and reduce costs of credit card transactions at concessions and gift shop.
2. Used cell phones, handheld electronic devices, and printer cartridges - to be redeemed for cash and recycled
3. New, unopened containers of non-toxic sidewalk chalk and washable paint
4. Construction paper
5. White paper plates
6. Gift cards in any amount for: craft, discount, grocery, or office supply stores
7. 10x10 pop-up tent
You can also help worldwide! To donate to helping our staff bring over critical medical and other supplies and help support orangutan rehabilitation centers and zoos in Malaysia and Borneo, please send cash contributions to HVZ Conservation Fund - Orangutan Conservation Initiative.
If you are interested in donating, please contact Friends of the Zoo at 258-9490.