VOLUNTEER FUNDRAISING EVENTS
Thank you for your interest in volunteer fundraising to support Henry Vilas Zoo! Your fundraising effort will make you a Friend of the Zoo.
Each Friend of the Zoo has a special connection to Henry Vilas Zoo, whether through a lifetime of memories at the Zoo, an opportunity to see the Zoo through the eyes of a child, an experience with our Zoo Education Program, or a general interest in animal and habitat conservation. That special connection inspires you and other volunteers to take action. Throughout 2014, we're raising money to Bring the Bears Back to Madison!
We're hoping that all of our volunteer fundraisers will choose to have the funds that they raise go toward helping build the new Arctic Passage exhibit through this campaign. Pennies for Polar Bears:
Kids, you can help too! Consider making a "Pennies for Polar Bears" change bank using recycled materials and gathering money to help us build the Arctic Passage. Click Here
for more details on how you can participate.
A volunteer fundraiser is an event conducted by volunteers and/or community partners to raise funds for Henry Vilas Zoo and Zoo to provide a best-in-class experience for our animals and our visitors, as well as inspiring a commitment to conservation.
Events should complement the mission of Henry Vilas Zoo and Friends of Henry Vilas Zoo and enhance the relationship of your zoo
with the communities we serve. Fundraisers can be as simple as a "Jeans Day" or bake sale or as grand as an auction or golf event.
If you or your group is interested in the possibility of planning a volunteer fundraising event, link to Fundraising Guidelines
to review important planning information and Fundraising Proposal
to submit your idea.
Upcoming 3rd Party Fundraising Events
See 3rd Party fundraiser dates and details on the Event Calendar
THE IMPACT OF FUNDRAISING
Henry Vilas Zoo has many different areas where fundraising is needed. These range from New Exhibit Development, Animal Welfare, Community Outreach, and Education. The Community Outreach Director will assist you in finding an appropriate area for the proceeds of your fundraising event. You can be assured that once you have chosen the designation of your funds, 100 percent of the proceeds will be utilized in that area.
With our assistance, volunteer fundraising can be exciting, rewarding and simple. Just read some of the success stories of others who have helped to raise funds for Henry Vilas Zoo.
Here are some examples of businesses and organizations that have helped us in the past. Continue to watch this page for testimonials about their experiences!
SUBMITTING FUNDRAISING PROPOSALS
- Paddle for Polar Bears - Paddleboard Specialists
- Mad City Mardi Gras - Liliana's Restaurant
- Percentage of Monthly Sales - Melting Pot Restaurant
- Employee Fundraising Challenge - Mounds Pet Food Warehouse.
- Birthday Party Cash Gift Collections - many Madison-area Children!
- School-wide "Befriend-an-Animal" Challenge - Van Hise Elementary School
- Monroe Street Chocolate Walk - Monroe Street Merchants
- Model Train Show - S Guage Wisconsin
- Steve Wetzel Photography Exhibit at Yola's Cafe & Madison Sourdough Co.
- Globe University Vet Tech Student "Zooraiser" and Movie Day
- Physicians Plus Donated $811 to the Zoo, $1 for each new Facebook Friend they added during the lead up to their January Polar Bear Dash.
- Johnson Creek Elementary School's Principal's Advisory Group raised over $2000 for the Animal Health Center through their student-led on-campus fundraising efforts.
- Shoe the Zoo - Fontana Sports
- 2014 Mad City Mad Hatters Volleyball Tournament
If you have a fundraising idea, please print, complete, and send the application at this link to the attention of the Community Outreach Director, Friends of the Zoo, 606 S. Randall Avenue, Madison, WI 53715 or email@example.com. Please don't hesitate to call our office - (608) 258-9490 - with questions or to set up a meeting to discuss your proposal prior to submission.
How We Can Help
- Provide planning assistance
- Assist with event promotion in the Friends of the Zoo newsletter, E-newsletter, and local media, and Social Media.