PENNIES FOR POLAR BEARS
Kids of all ages can help us Bring the Bears Back to Madison by gathering your pennies and more in a home-made bear bank.
Use materials you find around home to decorate a plastic bottle, box or other container to look like a Polar Bear, Grizzly Bear, Seal or other favorite Henry Vilas Zoo animal.
- The container is the bank, but you can decorate it with materials you find around the house - buttons for eyes, yarn for a tail, fleece or felt for a soft body, cardboard or extra bottle caps for feet. Let your imagination soar!
- Have a parent cut a hole in the top of the bottle so that can insert money that you collect or raise for the Zoo.
- Collect coins (bills are fine too!) from couch cushions, a lemonade stand, or by asking friends and family to help.
- Return your filled bank to the Zoo with your donation and a note that tells us who you are: name, parent's name, address, email and phone.
- Optional: Let us take your photo so that we can post a photo of you and your bank on the Zoo facebook page as a thank you and to inspire other kids to raise Pennies for Polar Bears.
- You'll receive a Certificate of Appreciation from Henry Vilas Zoo and Friends of the Zoo and be entered to win a special Zoo experience!